top of page
TennCare Webinar-10.jpg


Governmental safety-net programs are designed for individuals and families who are having trouble getting health care and food. They can help replace lost income. Below you will find information and links to apply for some of these state programs.


I am uninsured and need to get healthcare insurance…

  • To see if you can get  public health benefits like TennCare, CoverKids or Medicare Savings Programs. Visit the “Public Health Benefits” tab on the left side of this page.

  • To see if you can get help paying for health insurance premiums offered by, visit the “Public Health Benefits” tab on the left side of this page.

I need to get food for myself and my family… 

You may be able to get on the or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). It used to be known as food stamps. Go to the “Food Resources” tab on the left side of this page for more information.


I need help paying my living expenses…

You may be able to get Families First.

  • This program provides temporary cash assistance, transportation, child care assistance, educational supports, job training, employment activities, and other support services. Like SNAP benefits, you can start a Family Assistance application online. Click here. Click the “Create DHS Account” link on the page.

You may be eligible for state and federal unemployment payments.

  • Did you recently lose your job? you may be able to get unemployment benefits. Click on the link below:

    • General Information about the Unemployment Insurance Program, or to file a claim click here.

    • Supplemental Unemployment Benefits – the American Rescue Plan Act extends Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) through July 3, 2021. The FPUC benefit amount is $300/week.

    • Tax benefit – $10,200 in 2020 unemployment benefits is NOT subject to federal income tax if your household earns less than $150,000 per year.

You may be eligible to receive money directly from the federal government. 

  • To see if you qualify and how much you can get, visit the “Economic Impact Payment” tab on the left side of this page.

  • Do you have children under the age or 18  living in your home? See the “Resources for Families with Children” tab on the left side of this page.


I am being evicted from my home OR my utilities are being shut off…

These are several programs designed to help.  Please see the “Rent, Mortgage and Utility Help” tab on the left side of this page.

bottom of page