JOIN OUR TEAM
We have been blessed by an amazing staff and interns at TJC. We have attracted driven and compassionate individuals who bring great ideas, hard work, and a willingness to dive right in! For all interested in internships, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For inquiries about career opportunities or to apply to any open positions, please email email@example.com.
HEALTH POLICY, PROGRAM MANAGER
Full-Time Position | Based in Nashville TN
For over 25 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with vulnerable Tennessee families and helping them access basic necessities of life. We believe that that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our fight?
We are looking to hire a Program Manager to develop and implement strategic campaign plans to oppose harmful health policies and advocate for policy solutions to address Tennessee’s urgent healthcare needs. If you’re a creative thinker, highly organized and enjoy building relationships, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
· Developing and executing health policy campaign initiatives and project plans
· Building and cultivating strategic relationships with state-wide partner organizations and grassroot advocates
· Managing and monitoring grant deliverables, performance metrics, timelines and milestones
· Creating written materials for distribution to partners, advocates, legislators and other constituents
· Collaborating with the communications team to organize press conferences, actions, and events
This position might be for you if:
· You are super organized and have experience managing complex projects
· You have dogged determination and amazing problem-solving skills
· You have never met a stranger and enjoy interacting with people daily
· You have superb time management skills and have a high tolerance for chaos
· You flourish on a small team where all hands-on deck is the norm
This position is even a better fit if:
· You have graduated from a college or university
· You have at least four years’ of professional work experience
· You have worked with vulnerable individuals and families
Why you would want to join us:
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plan contribution, and high quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. To Apply: Send us your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Program Manager” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about Tennessee Justice Center, visit tnjustice.org.
TJC’s internship program offers several opportunities throughout the year for law students, recent graduates and undergrad students to obtain real-life experience working in the field of social justice and public health law. We are currently accepting applications for Summer Internships for the below opportunities.
We are no longer accepting applications for summer internships. If you are interested in applying for a fall internship, please check back soon for details about the application process.