KING CHILD HEALTH FELLOWSHIP
Full-Time Position | Based in Nashville TN
For over 25 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with Tennessee families and helping them access basic necessities of life. We believe that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Are you a recent Princeton graduate looking for an opportunity?
We are offering a one-to-two year, paid fellowship to a recent graduate to join our team in helping low-income Tennessee children access health care coverage. As the King Child Health Fellow you would work directly with the families who inspire us and drive the work that we do. If you’re compassionate, enjoy helping people and are a strong writer, then this could be the fellowship for you. This position reports directly to our Sr. Director of Health Policy & Equity and interacts regularly with our casework and legal teams.
A typical week might look like:
- Taking calls from clients requesting help accessing their health care benefits
- Interviewing and advising clients on how to navigate the Medicaid (TennCare) system
- Brainstorming ways to help clients with our internal team of attorneys
- Documenting detailed information about a client’s case in our Salesforce database
- Collecting stories of clients and community members to illustrate and address systemic issues
- Researching and writing about health issues through issue briefs, blogs, and other written materials
- Building relationships with community organizations to advocate for improved health laws
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy going above and beyond to help people when they are in crisis
- You are super organized and obsessively take detailed notes on everything
- You have dogged determination and amazing problem-solving skills
- You flourish on a small team where all hands-on deck is the norm
- You can talk to people all day and it energizes you rather than drains you
This job is even a better fit if:
- You have worked with individuals and families from diverse backgrounds
- You are fluent in Spanish or other languages
- You have experience working in a legal environment
Why you would want to join us:
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and opportunities for professional growth. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The fellowship starts between July 1 and August 1, 2022.
To Apply: Send us your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please include “King Health Fellowship” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about Tennessee Justice Center, visit tnjustice.org.