This position is suited for a dynamic “utility player” who will assist several staff members with projects and administrative tasks to make the office more efficient. The individual will assist in areas including office administration, fundraising, technology, and others. The ideal applicant is detail-oriented and willing to do work that is sometimes mundane but essential to the functioning of this small non-profit law office. The job requires working with several technology platforms and databases, including a donor database CRM, client database etc.
Because the job will require working in various areas, the ideal individual will be flexible and a quick learner. Selected tasks an administrative assistant will be expected to perform include:
* Answering phones, taking messages and directing callers to the appropriate staff members, receiving visitors;
* Maintaining office equipment and IT infrastructure, and working with IT vendor to resolve issues;
* Helping to maintain accurate files and records;
* Managing, collecting, and organizing data for grants and board reporting requirements;
* Identifying and implementing ways to improve office efficiency.
* Proficiency in software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook; familiarity with or ability to learn donor database (Salsa), client database (Pika), and others as needed
* Keyboard skills;
* Proficiency at email and voice mail communication;
* Ability to work independently;
* Ability to prioritize work load;
* Ability to meet deadlines;
* Ability to tend to multiple details simultaneously;
* Ability to use the team approach and to be solutions focused.
Applicants should send a resume and letter of interest to John Orzechowski, Tennessee Justice Center, 211 7th Ave N, Ste. 100, Nashville, Tennessee 37219, Fax: 615-255-0354, e-mail email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of applications, TJC cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.
The Tennessee Justice Center, a non-profit, public interest law firm, is seeking a Client Advocate. As a client advocate, this individual will help vulnerable Tennessee families access health care coverage and services by: interviewing and advising clients, conferring with attorneys on cases, building relationships with community organizations, and providing technical assistance to partners.
* Bachelor’s degree and solid GPA from 4-year accredited college or university
* Two years relevant work experience in non-profit/ human service sector or comparable educational experience (masters level)
* Passion for social justice, health care, and serving vulnerable families
* Strong social, communication, and writing skills as evidenced in in-person interview and writing samples
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Organized and detail-oriented
* Comfortable taking direction from supervisor
* Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
* Dogged problem solver
* Team player with willingness to share projects and work cooperatively
* Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities (within the organization’s overall mission) as our work is shaped by the dynamic needs of our clients
* Attitude to flourish in a small office
* Ability to work full time, with overtime during busy periods (overtime is compensated)
Preferred (but not required):
* Spanish language proficiency
* Familiarity with public benefits programs such as Medicaid (TennCare) and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CoverKids)
* Experience and/or relationships within Tennessee nonprofit / human services community
* Experience working with vulnerable individuals and families
* Salary depends on experience
* Health insurance (fully paid for by employer for employee; employer contributes toward dependent coverage)
* Retirement plan
* Long and short-term disability insurance (fully paid for by employer)
Applicants should send a resume, writing sample and letter of interest to John Orzechowski, Tennessee Justice Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 615-255-0354. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of applications, TJC cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.
The Tennessee Justice Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.