HEALTH ADVOCACY, PROJECT COORDINATOR
Full-Time Position | Based in Nashville TN
For over 25 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with Tennessee families and helping them access basic necessities of life. We believe that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our fight?
We are looking to hire a project coordinator to support the outreach and communications work we do to ensure all Tennesseans have access to affordable health care coverage. If you’re highly organized, pride yourself in communicating well with others and enjoy taking on a challenge, then this could be the job for you. This position reports directly to our Health Advocacy, Program Manager and interacts regularly with our creative communications team.
A typical day might look like:
- Drafting educational and action-oriented content around health issues and policies to support multiple outreach campaigns
- Communicating via email, phone or video calls with community partners, government officials and local agencies about the work we are doing and how they can support it
- Sourcing and maintaining contact information on community partners across the state
- Finding new volunteers and coordinating projects for them to do that support our work
- Gathering and crafting client stories to support outreach efforts and media engagement
- Researching data and reading up on the latest policy updates
- Keeping an organized record of volunteers, storytellers and actions taken by activists in our network
This job might be for you if:
- You are super organized and obsessively take detailed notes on everything
- You excel at communicating through the written word, on the phone, and in person (when it’s safe to do so)
- You can manage multiple projects at once and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You flourish on a small team where all hands-on deck is the norm
- You have never met a stranger and enjoy interacting with people daily
This job is even a better fit if:
- You have graduated from a college or university
- You have at least two years of experience working within a small non-profit environment
- You have worked with low-income individuals and families
Why you would want to join us:
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and opportunities for professional growth. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send us your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please include “health advocacy” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about Tennessee Justice Center, visit tnjustice.org.