- Confusing and conflicting notices
- Denials due to difficulties getting financial verifications
- Repeated requests for the same information
- Inaccurate member and household information reported in TEDS system
- Newborn deeming error and related coverage gap problems
- Unreasonable application and appeal delays
- Erroneous denials of eligibility for former SSI recipients
- Institutional Medicaid denials, plus much more…
In addition to the legal overview of the rules, we will share practical steps and best practices on how to navigate Tennessee’s red tape maze of Medicaid. If you help people enroll and/or keep their TennCare or CoverKids coverage, you will not want to miss this webinar.
Cady is the Supervising Attorney and Pro Bono Coordinator for TJC. She supervises the casework team, overseeing at least 1000 individual cases per year related to TennCare, Choices, SNAP, and other public benefit programs. Cady is a public interest distinguished graduate of the University of Miami School of Law and also the Miller School of Medicine, where she received a Masters in Public Health.
At TJC, Rob is the staff attorney responsible for business development and technology initiatives. In addition to serving as the administrator of AskJane!, he actively promotes provider-focused services including eligibility screening process reviews, difficult case troubleshooting, education and trainings. Rob began his legal career as a prosecutor in Decatur, Illinois prior to becoming Assistant Counsel to the Illinois Secretary of State.