The recently signed American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) has the potential to change the lives of thousands of vulnerable Tennesseans. While the stimulus payments received much of the media attention, those checks are just a portion of the massive benefits available to our state. The act also contains provisions that directly impact Tennessee’s health and nutrition programs including changes in eligibility and access, brand new child tax credits, and the option to expand Medicaid which would eliminate the coverage gap.
This training will update you on the key pieces that have already gone into effect, what is happening soon, and what possibilities exist for the future if our elected officials choose to prioritize Tennesseans over politics.
In this 90-minute FREE webinar, you will learn about:
- The impact on Tennessee’s safety net programs like TennCare, CoverKids, SNAP, P-EBT, and WIC
- New unemployment benefits, child tax credits, and housing relief
- Changes related to purchasing health insurance on the ACA marketplace
- Financial incentives granted to Tennessee to increase home and community-based services (HCBS), postpartum coverage, and expanding Medicaid coverage. These benefits are optional, and Governor Lee must claim them!
- How to follow the latest legislative developments including ways to advocate and hold our legislators accountable
This webinar will be presented by Tennessee Justice Center’s knowledgeable team providing you the opportunity to ask detailed questions about these programs. If you help struggling families secure public benefits due to the pandemic, you don’t want to miss this informative webinar.
CLE/CEU applications are pending.