Director of Operations
Position Summary: The Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) is seeking a Director of Operations to provide management, HR, and operations oversight to multiple TJC teams. The Director of Operations will support creative and exciting work across TJC’s teams, including children’s and health care advocacy, legal services, nutrition advocacy, and trainings and medical provider partnerships. The person who takes this job will have an outsized impact on the lives of low-income Tennessee families. This is a full-time position based in our office in Nashville, Tennessee.
Organization Profile: TJC is a nonprofit organization that works for justice and opportunity for all Tennesseans. TJC takes a systemic approach to complex issues, including affordable health care, medical and consumer debt, long term care, nutrition, and access to justice. For more information, visit tnjustice.org.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all TJC programs; provide input for strategic planning and implementation processes with the ED and staff.
- With team leads, oversee the creation, tracking, and reporting of goals, outcomes, and benchmarks for each internal team; ensure team priorities and work plans are aligned with TJC’s long-term goals and mission.
- Identify opportunities for TJC to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges
- Effectively manage and coach senior team members to help them achieve their goals. Hold staff accountable to TJC’s values and policies.
- Support a strong organizational culture and implement policies to create a positive work environment.
- Coordinate the recruitment and hiring for all staff positions.
- Participate on the organizational leadership team; assist in the organizational/team budgeting processes and in building and maintaining relationships to fund the work.
- Oversee data tracking and reporting, including creatively telling the story of TJC’s impact to funders, partners, board, etc.
- Creativity and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- 10+ years of experience in management, HR, and/or operations.
- Experience with systemic advocacy (litigation, legislative, administrative, communications campaigns, etc.).
- Experience in or demonstrated commitment to public interest law and advocacy.
TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plan contribution, and high quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage.
To Apply: The application deadline is September 15, 2019. Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “director of operations” in the subject line of the email.