DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Full-Time Position | Based in Nashville TN
For over 25 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with Tennessee families and helping them access basic necessities of life. We believe that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our fight?
We are looking to hire a Director of Finance to manage the financial and accounting systems of our $2.5M annual operating budget with funding sources from multiple grantors, individual donations and earned income. This position is core to the leadership team and works hand-in-hand with the Executive Director to oversee our growing fiscal capacity. If you’re a strategic thinker, enjoy working with numbers, and are experienced in the end-to-end accounting cycle, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Your primary responsibilities would be:
- Managing the application process and financials for all grants; includes identifying the source and use of all contracts, grant funds and restricted contributions
- Preparing financial budgets, reports, and invoices to grantors
- Processing accounts payable and receivables; includes writing and distributing checks, preparing and making bank deposits, executing wire transfers, and managing bank and investment accounts
- Reconciling all banking and credit statements, petty cash, and balance sheet accounts monthly
- Preparing biweekly payroll information and reporting; includes managing all employee benefits, making benefits payments, and reconciling accounts monthly
- Preparing annual independent financial audit and IRS 990s
- Preparing the annual budget and monthly financial reports for the Executive Director, board, and finance committees
- Helping the team and board understand their role in supporting the organization’s financial outlook
- Presenting, participating in, and taking minutes during board and committee meetings
We would like to hear from you if:
- You have at least five years of professional accounting experience
- You are proficient and comfortable working in Quickbooks or an equivalent accounting system
- You have experience working with external payroll and HR benefits service providers
- You have dogged determination and amazing problem-solving skills
- You can work independently while managing multiple projects and deadlines
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have a Master’s degree in Finance or are a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- You have experience working with a small, growing non-profit organization
Why you would want to join us:
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plan contribution, and high quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send us your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please include “Director of Finance” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about Tennessee Justice Center, visit tnjustice.org.