DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Full-Time Position | Based in Nashville TN
For over 25 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with Tennessee families and helping them access basic necessities of life. We believe that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our fight?
We are looking for a seasoned marketing and communications professional to plan and lead our efforts to build and engage a network of supporters, advocates and media partners through various channels. If you’re highly organized, experienced in leading marketing campaigns and super creative, then this could be the job for you. This management position reports directly to our Chief Operating Officer and interacts regularly with all of our teams.
A typical day might look like:
- Planning, leading and tracking communication strategies, campaigns and goals
- Copywriting and editing content for outreach campaigns, including website, emails, print materials and social media posts
- Managing all media relations, including pitching to media, press events, and developing spokespeople
- Supporting annual fundraising activities and campaigns through direct mail campaigns, social media and online giving efforts
- Managing a team of event, digital media and development coordinators who support communication projects and campaigns
- Ensuring messaging and brand consistency across all our distribution channels
This opportunity might be for you if:
- You are highly knowledgeable about marketing and communication best practices
- You are a creative writer and have an eye for great design
- You are super organized and have a strong background in project management
- You value the role of healthy datasets and have processes to maintain data integrity
- You flourish on a small team where all hands-on deck is the norm
This opportunity is even a better fit if:
- You have graduated from a college or university
- You have at least seven years of professional work experience
- You enjoy managing teams to produce their best work
Why you would want to join us:
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plan contribution, and high quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Send us your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Communications” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about Tennessee Justice Center, visit tnjustice.org.