Digital Media Associate
TJC is searching for a utility player on our communications team. This work will include website management, social media content development and scheduling, media relations, and creation and maintenance of digital and print communications materials.
About TJC: TJC is a nonprofit organization that works for justice and opportunity for all Tennesseans. TJC takes a systemic approach to complex issues, including affordable health care, medical and consumer debt, long term care, nutrition, and access to justice. For more information, visit tnjustice.org.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain TJC’s website, developing and posting original content and regularly updating website to make sure pages are up-to-date, accurate, and accessible.
- Maintain and update TJC’s communications materials, including fact sheets, one-pagers, reports, and event flyers, to ensure brand consistency and accessibility.
- Create original, engaging digital content for social media and email newsletters.
- Assist with media relations and media tracking, including maintaining press database to ensure that contacts are up-to-date and accurate, monitoring and tracking media coverage and reporting regularly to stakeholders.
- Assist Communications Director with external communications needs, including:
- Managing the social media accounts, creating a consistent voice, and creating compelling content.
- Vetting and responding to incoming media requests, including drafting timely responses, statements and talking points, researching background information, prepping staff for interviews, and coordinating messaging.
- Drafting, editing and finalizing press materials (media advisories, press releases, op-eds, statements, letters to the editor, newsletters, and other external communications).
- Working across teams to identify and develop proactive press pitches and news hooks to promote TJC’s work.
- Coordinating and attending community and press events.
- Assist in developing style guide, messaging documents, and other internal communications resources to ensure brand consistency across materials.
- Excellent writing skills; attention to detail
- Familiarity with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Flexibility and resourcefulness; creative and strategic thinking.
- Graphic design, experience with NGP VAN or other CRMs or databases, and WordPress skills are a plus.
TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plan contribution, and high quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage.
To Apply: The application deadline is September 8, 2019. Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “digital media associate” in the subject line of the email.