Client Advocate – Long Term Care
Position Description: TJC is searching for a client advocate to assist Tennesseans in their efforts to access CHOICES, Tennessee’s Medicaid-funded long-term care program. Among other things, this position requires interviewing and advising clients, conferring with attorneys on cases, and building relationships with community organizations.
About TJC: TJC is a nonprofit organization that works for justice and opportunity for all Tennesseans. TJC takes a systemic approach to complex issues, including affordable health care, medical and consumer debt, long term care, nutrition, and access to justice. For more information, visit tnjustice.org.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years relevant work experience
- Strong social, communication, and writing skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organized and detail-oriented; comfortable taking direction
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; dogged problem solver
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities (within the organization’s overall mission) as our work is shaped by the needs of our clients
- Attitude to flourish in a small office
Preferred but not required
- Experience with and knowledge of the CHOICES long term care program
TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plan contribution, and high quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage.
To Apply: The application deadline is September 6th, 2019. Please send a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please include “CHOICES client advocate” in the subject line of the email.