Summary: TJC has an immediate opening for part-time bookkeeper, 8-10 hours per week. Bookkeeper must be organized, enthusiastic, and unflappable.
Organization Profile: TJC is a nonprofit organization that works for justice and opportunity for all Tennesseans. TJC takes a systemic approach to complex issues, including affordable health care, medical and consumer debt, long term care, nutrition, and access to justice. For more information, visit tnjustice.org.
- Performs all day-to-day bookkeeping – checks, invoices, deposits, etc.
- Prepares reconciliation and financial statements for review
- Prepares financial reports for funders such as statement of grant funds expended on a project
- Tracks funds temporarily restricted to particular purposes by donor
- Maintains historical records by filing documents
- Quickbooks proficiency
- Strong accounting skills including financial statement preparation, maintaining cash basis general ledgers
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and multitasking abilities highly desired
- Self-motivated, driven individual that can work independently but is also a team player
TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plan contribution, and high quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage.
Flexible schedule with hourly compensation, depends on experience.
Job Type: Part-time
- Accounting/Financial Management
Contact Information and Procedure:
Send resumé to John Orzechowski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Because we receive a high volume of applications, we are regrettably not able to respond to inquiries about individual applications unless you are chosen for an interview.